Young Living Lime Essential Oil is derived from the cold-pressed rind of fresh limes, capturing the vibrant and refreshing aroma of the fruit.
Lime is one of my favourite essential oils as it perks me up! The aroma reminds me of the childhood Solero lime ice cream that I used to eat.
Here are some commonly known benefits and uses of Lime Essential Oil:
- Uplifting and Energizing: Its bright and invigorating scent that can help uplift the mood and promote mental clarity. Diffusing lime essential oil can create a refreshing atmosphere and provide a natural energy boost. Here are my favorite diffusing combinations in 1:1 ratios: Lime + Bergamot or Lime + Eucalyptus Globulus
- Mood and Stress Support: Lime essential oil is often used in aromatherapy to reduce stress and anxiety. Its uplifting aroma can help improve mood and create a sense of relaxation.
- Cleansing and Purifying: Lime essential oil has natural cleansing properties, making it a popular choice, besides lemon, for household cleaning products. It can be used to remove grease, grime, and sticky residues.
Some other benefits not commonly known:
- Immune Support: Similar to Lemon essential oil, Lime is also known for its potential immune-supporting properties. It contains limonene, which is a natural compound found in citrus fruits and has been studied for its potential health benefits. Google “limonene” for the various health power ups it can give you!
- Respiratory Support: This is also beneficial for respiratory health. It may help clear congestion, promote easier breathing, and provide relief from respiratory discomfort.
- Digestive Aid: Lime may help support healthy digestion. It can be taken internally by adding a few drops to a glass of water or used in cooking to add a burst of citrus flavor.
- Skin Care: Lime Essential Oil is often used in skincare products due to its astringent properties. It can help balance oily skin, reduce the appearance of blemishes, and promote a healthy-looking complexion. However, it’s important to dilute Lime Essential Oil properly before applying it to the skin, as it can cause photosensitivity. Highly recommended to only use at night right before bed and avoid exposure to sun.
Stubborn white pores? Try dabbing Lime or Lemon on the spots to soften the skin up. After a few days, you should be able to squeeze them out without bruising the skin.
Contributed by Claryn Neo