Citronella is well known for its strong, citrusy scent and is commonly used as natural insect repellent. It’s a must-have item if you plan for outdoor activities.
Some benefits of Citronella EO:
- Insect Repellent: it emits a strong aroma that masks other attractants, making it difficult for mosquitos and other insects to locate their targets.
- Antimicrobial properties: helps prevent infection and support wound healing.
- Lice prevention:mix a drop Citronella EO when shampooing.
- Household Cleaner: add Citronella to homemade natural cleaning recipe to help disinfect surfaces while leaving behind a pleasant aroma.
- Pet Care (esp dog): to cut back on barking. Drop a drop of Citronella on the dog’s collar.
Bug Repellent Spray recipe:
1 drop Citronella
1 drop Eucalyptus
1 drop Tea Tree
1 drop Peppermint
1 drop Cypress
1 drop Lemon Myrtle
30 ml Carrier Oil
- Mix all the essential oils in a small glass spray bottle and store in a cool dark place
- Spray on neck, arms, and legs before heading outside
Contributed by Chenny