I shared recently that I was struggling with hives since Dec. At its worst, it hits my chest, face, legs and feet. Itchy itchy!!
And now I’m pleased to share what helped me after a number of rounds of testing and tweaking with lifestyle changes and YL products. So here’s what helped for me:
– Since hives is a sign of hyperacidity, I took Alkalime 2x a day to balance my body’s pH levels. This help for a while, I saw my hives reduced… but it came back after that.
– I was rechecking my Zyto report and was wondering whether it was a hormonal/endocrine imbalance. Deny Sentosa asked me to try Cortistop and Endogize. Again it helped for a bit but the hives still return.
– I applied Endoflex, Myrrh and ingested Lavender. Applied Lavender body lotion. Same results.
– Decided to switch up my lifestyle. Previously I slept at 1 am but have problems sleeping since I’ll wake up at 3 am to scratch! So I decided to switch my wake up time to 6 am, sleep by 11 pm and make sure I do morning brisk walks to work up a sweat. Read that hives can also be caused by stress and exercise is a great stress reliever!
– Present Time and Sandalwood on accupressure points to work on my fears and absolute self acceptance. I noticed I have a lot of sadness coming up especially with Present Time. I’m grateful for the release!
– Upon the advice of Joanna Goh who tried many different products to knock off her long standing hives, I decided to stop the others (cos I wanted to test what really works) and did high doses of Omegagize twice daily. The bottle suggested 2 capsules 2x a day and I did 10 caps each time, so that’s 20 a day. Added Super C. Followed bottle label of 2 caps 2x a day. Both supplements are really good for skin health!
– Gut health is also part of what helps hives but since I’m already on 4 x Life 9 and Essentialzymes4 and Detoxzymes daily after meals, I didn’t do anything additional.
Results? Some hives popped up on the first day but they weren’t itchy. Then it completely stopped. This has been 5 days ago. I’m now testing reducing Omegagize down to 2 to 4 caps 2x daily and maintained my doses of Super C. The hives didn’t reappear, yippee!
I truly believe that we are sovereigns over our own bodies and its really up to us to understand what’s lying beneath the surface of our illnesses – physical, mental and emotional. We could go to a doctor and pop antihistamines but in my humble opinion, it would definitely work but it doesn’t tackle the underlying root cause. I encourage you to get curious on what’s going on with your body and have patience. Wishing you all the best in health. You deserve it!